OLIVIA MUNN, 31, is a correspondent for “The Daily Show With Jon Stewart.” Voted Esquire magazine’s Sexiest Woman Alive in 2010, Ms. Munn is featured in the film “I Don’t Know How She Does It.” She is based in Los Angeles but visited New York for Fashion Week.

Lee Clower for The New York Times
Olivia Munn at the Trump SoHo.


BEE-SHYUAN CHANG
WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 7
I’m unprepared for the all-day rain and drizzle. I only packed shorts, long skirts and summer dresses. I have a long black James Perse skirt that I’ve had forever. It touches the ground, and in this weather, would only get drenched. Since it has an elastic band on the waist, I pull it up and wear it like a strapless dress. I tie on a gold and green braided belt for some definition and I go with my trusty silver sandals. My aunt is obsessed with garage sales and gave me about 30 amazing vintage Coach leather bags; I’m toting around a perfectly worn-in light brown saddle style with gold hardware.
THURSDAY, SEPT. 8

It’s my first Fashion’s Night Out and I head up to Carolina Herrera’s offices to be fitted for an outfit. Carolina and her daughter Patricia have unbelievably amazing skin — I’m in awe. They dress me in a white button-up cotton sleeveless shirt. It’s one-of-a-kind, and they had the shirt monogrammed with my initials. (L.O.M. for Lisa Olivia Munn.) We pair the shirt with an ice-blue silk party skirt. For shoes, it’s red strappy heels with a bow on the front. I wouldn’t call myself a fashion girl, but the outfit was effortless and ladylike, and it made me feel like the best version of myself. Standing there in Carolina Herrera’s office, I started to tear up. It was just beyond.
FRIDAY, SEPT. 9
Decked out again in Carolina Herrera, this time for a Maybelline event. A cream V-neck sleeveless knit sweater and a midlength silk skirt in a fun pink, purple and cream print with rectangular dots. I wore my own diamond stud earrings and a David Yurman light blue-gray ring.
Once press wrapped, I change into something more casual: vintage high-waisted light blue Levi’s cut-off shorts and a scoop-neck dark gray Express T-shirt — to run to “The Daily Show.” My waist naturally sits high, so it works for me. But if you do a high waist, you have to be careful of the “mom butt.” The only way to beat it is to have big, defined back pockets.
SATURDAY, SEPT. 10

Muggy out. I spend the day in a black silk shorts jumper that has a deep V-neck, and cinch it with a gold and black Furla belt. I wear my new Miu Miu black suede booties that have a gold zipper in back and a pointed toe. They cut down a little in the front of my foot to show a longer line of my leg — always nice. I keep the shoes for the QVC fashion show later on, but change into an eggplant dress with a halter neckline. With the tapered-in skirt, it was very “Mad Men.”
SUNDAY, SEPT. 11

My only day to sleep in. I celebrate by staying in a T-shirt I got from doing “Late Night With Jimmy Fallon” and some old sweatpants I’ve had since high school.
My family came to town from Oklahoma. My stepdad loves tennis and worried he’ll miss the U.S. Open matches on TV. But I surprise him with tickets to the women’s finals.
I change into a Splendid gray tank top, a white blazer with cropped sleeves, French Connection gray high-waisted pleated shorts and the Miu Miu booties. Then a gray-green belt from Anthropologie, oversize brown YSL sunglasses, olive CH tote and a purple and cream animal-print scarf. In case it rains, I could throw the scarf over my head — or my suede Miu Mius.
MONDAY, SEPT. 12
My first Carolina Herrera fashion show! I’m in a silk-blend lavender dress with red-orange straps and strappy red heels. I spot Anna Wintour in the front row and make eye contact. She gives a slight smile and I literally avert my eyes right away. I didn’t know what to do.
I head to “The Daily Show” to shoot a segment. In my dressing room, I throw on a black Banana Republic pantsuit with a light pink camisole underneath. Right after, I race over to tape “Anderson Cooper” and wear another Carolina Herrera dress in white with a red, gray and blue leopard print and two ruffles down the front. I know: it’s a lot of Herrera. I cinch the waist with a thin blue belt and add my gray YSL slingback pumps.
I hightail it home to change for the premiere of "I Don’t Know How She Does It.” I step into a Carolina Herrera deep-red strapless dress with a structured bodice. The skirt bubbles out slightly. I thought it might read “too fashion-y,” but Lee Gonzalez from Carolina Herrera and Jessica Kantor from Vogue, who have both been styling me these past few weeks, went bananas for it.
For once, I felt comfortable on the red carpet. That is, until I turned to my left and saw Valentino walking next to me.
TUESDAY, SEPT. 13
Start out my morning on the fourth hour of the “Today” show with Hoda and Kathie Lee. I recommend a drink each time I’m there — this one was with pineapple juice, tequila and lime. I’m in this really fitted gray and brown print dress with short sleeves and patent black Mary Jane Christian Louboutins. Then it was off to the airport to board a plane to L.A. It’s back to real life in my usual Express outfits.

Hair News Network